I created this dessert to finish the 8 course vegan tasting menu that I am cooking for The Illuminati Ball. We will try it out for the first time at the March 12th show. It has been pretty fabulous having these in my freezer while I’ve been testing the recipe. The flavors are totally satisfying. I can’t wait to share it!
CREAMY LIME SHOTS WITH DARK CHOCOLATE AND GINGER
Makes 6 servings
- 1 cup raw cashews (pieces are fine)
- 1 lime, zested and juiced (strain the seeds out of the juice)
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 Tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 vanilla bean
- candied ginger
- 4 oz dark chocolate, finely grated
- Soak the cashews in water for at least 4 hours and preferably more like 8 hours.
- Drain the cashews and combine them with 1/4 cup strained lime juice, 1/4 cup maple syrup, 3 Tablespoon coconut oil and the seeds scraped from 1/2 vanilla bean in a blender or food processor. Process until totally smooth & creamy.
- Pour a heaping ¼ cup of the cashew cream into each shot glasses. Freeze for 2 hours or more.
- 15-30 minutes before serving, take them out of the freezer and top slices of candied ginger, grated dark chocolate, lime zest. Serve while it’s still cold with a little spoon.
MORE VEGAN DESSERTS…