I posted a recipe for gluten-free popovers in the post A Menu in Honour of Broccoli Soup. I’ve been experimenting, and I think that this recipe is better. It uses Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free flour mix (Garbanzo, fava bean, tapioca and sourghum flours with potato starch) instead of the rice, tapioca and potato mix that I make at home. Enjoy!
BETTER GLUTEN-FREE POPOVERS
- 1 cup bob’s red mill gluten-free flour mix
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 and 1/4 cup milk, slightly warm
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 3 tablespoon butter, melted
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees. Place a 12 cup pop-over or muffin tin in the warming oven.
- Mix the flour, gum and salt in a small bowl.
- Blend the milk, melted butter and eggs in a blender until the mixture is uniform.
- Add the flour mixture and blend until all the lumps are gone. The lumps will make the popovers fall! Get them all out.
- Remove the muffin or pop over tins from the oven and generously butter them. Fill each cup 2/3 full and bake for 25 minutes at 400 degrees. Don’t open the oven!
- Turn the oven down to 350 degrees and bake another 10 minutes
- Serve them warm with soup or jam!